Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Subject of hair again - why it is so important

I think hair is important subject because hair loss is an obvious sign of chemotherapy which related to cancer. For women with breast cancer, losing breasts is a big deal. On top of that, losing hair, another femamine symbol, makes the loss seem to be doubled.
I said before that I am not afraid to lose my hair. I think I am fully prepared and determined to wear a wig for next 9 months!! I really like my wig. I used to spend 30-40 minutes doing my hair every morning. Now my 5 minute shower is done in 3 minutes and my hairdo takes a second! I think I can get used to this Practically, I am not sure it is possible. I am sure at some point, I will simply wear a scarf or hat or have a photographer taking photo of me without hair. But for now I enjoy my wig! More wigs are on my Christmas wish list:).

My hair started to come off as predicted right between my 2nd and 3rd chemo. It came off in handful and chucks. It was time to do something about it. Cutting hair in my household is my job. I tried to do it myself, but it was impossible. My dear husband had never used a buzzer before. As sweet as he is, he took on the task. He shaved my head while my two girls were watching! He could not stop saying "No matter what I do, you just look great". My girls approve too. I don't intend to show anyone outside my household my bald head. Therefore, I don't want anyone else to shave their heads including my boys and my husband. Life should be as normal as it can be.

After the shave, I told Bert "I am going upstair to take a shower and wash my hair". He replied "You mean wash your head?"....Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! Who would not love this guy!

Sorry no photos. I don't have the courage yet...but someday, I will upload photos...it will come...someday...

No comments:

Post a Comment