Sunday, July 1, 2012

God gave me a signal

I believe it was June 20 when I was in bed reviewing my day in my head. I suddenly remembered that I forget to pray for the wife of a coworker who was going to have a biopsy because she had abnormal mammogram. After praying for her, I realized that I have not done a self breast exam for a long time. To my surprise,  I found a lump immediately. It was a size of nickel.
I visited my doctor the next day. She confirmed it and sent me to mammogram and ultrasound. Both these techniques confirmed the lump. The radiologist said it could be a cyst and suggested do a needle aspiration. Two days later, I had my ultrasound guided procedure. To the doctor's surprise, the lump was not liquid cyst. It was solid. A core biopsy was immediately performed. A day later on June 29, I got a phone call from my personal doctor telling me I have an Invasive Dutal Carcinoma Grade III.
She did not know what grade III mean. That sent me to the internet. Grade III means that I have a fast growing tumor. My doctor referred me to see a general surgery on Monday July 2.
It was a very long weekend. I glued to the internet.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment