Sunday, September 23, 2012

Race for the Cure

What a great day for the race. The forecast said yesterday today would be raining or thunderstorm. We prayed for a better weather for the race and we got the best weather and finished the race before the storm. Most important of all, I had wonderful time and great team support. Our team of 34 "Triple Fighters" raised total of $2470 for the cause of ending breast cancer!


I ran and walked to the finish line in pride knowing there are so many wonderful people caring and supporting me. I must win this fight, not just for me, but for all women and men in this world. My grandparents, aunts and uncles have died of cancer. I want my children live cancer free. I am living for a bigger cause.

I am proud of Bert who ran his 3rd official 5K - for a man who never ran in his life before this past July. He can now run much easily than I can. For better health and spirit. He gave me courage and support constantly in my fight.

My girls can run without any training. They both finished in less than 30 min. Official results are not out yet, but I think Bert finished in about 35 min ish and I finished in 37 min ish. I did not sleep at all last night, but I did not stay up knowing the race today. I rested in bed trying to falling asleep. I think having steroid in my body probably gave me some boost to the run.

Friday chemo round #11 was uneventful. My blood test results were great on all accounts. One more to go before switching to a different chemo medicine.

Team Beanie

Team T-shirt



No comments:

Post a Comment