Monday, December 24, 2012

Recovery

Sue is still in recovery but we got the news  from the doctor and the prognosis is as good as we hoped for. We will need to wait another 1 to 2 weeks to get final and absolute conformation. But it looks like she had full pathological recovery. That means the cancer is gone, vanished - not there anymore. All in all this provides a great outlook for the future.

I am so thankful for this. This is the best Christmas gift ever. Lets be humble and praise to Lord for his love that he shows us every day.

She should be back with the family by tomorrow night.

Merry Christmas - may the Lord send his grace to all of you and your families.

This morning Sue wanted me to take pictures-  I didn’t! Some days are better kept in the memories without pictures. Memories tend to get better as time goes by. However, I will never forget this afternoon and how much it meant to me. All the last 6 month I never had a doubt that it would end well. I don’t know why, but I am at peace with all of it. I trust that all will be well. But when the doctor called I lost my voice and and had tears of joy in my eyes. It was as if everything I hoped for came finally true. I wrote a number of emails and tried to share my joy with as many people as possible. The kids are excited too. The boys are really relieved and happy. The girls are still trying to understand.

Merry Christmas to all of you.

Bert

And yes, I made sure that I got enough coffee this afternoon. I wonder what her first worry ill be when she wakes up?

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful Christmas gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I woke up, I checked the clock and my first thought was "Wow, I am so sorry for Bert who had to wait for so long for me to come out.I can't wait to see him"!

    ReplyDelete