Sunday, March 3, 2013

Back to Normal Life

Two months passed by and I have not posted a thing! I have no excuses. I went back to work on Jan. 14th. I am back to a normal life! Suddenly, I feel I have nothing to write anymore. I simply took a leave from posting so I can re-adjust to my normal life again.

There are many signs of backing to normal. First of all, my hair started to grow back. I call it frosting black color. It is short and grows too slow to my desire. However, I got many complements. I think I may as well keep a short cut from now on.

Another sign of back to normal is to have my "boobs" back. Although I still need to have final surgery to have the final implants, having this temporary form of boobs makes me feel normal again. I don't think anyone cares, but my self conscience is quite satisfied with what I have now.

Other invisible signs of normalcy are hard to describe. For example, I have been fully immersed into my job at work. I fully caught up with everyone's projects at work. I fully engaged to the level I was before I was diagnosed. In my normal day, I don't think about cancer anymore.

I am working on back on running again. I feel that I am physically ready. However, I need more self discipline in order to find time to run. Bad weather or no time or rather taking a nap are just a few of the excuses. Bert had signed us up some 5k's. I hope that will give me the motivation to run again.

I would like to say thank you for those who have been caring, praying and thinking of my in the past 8 months. I promise that I will write more often again.

By the way, Piston is doing well. He is total getting used to us. However, when Toby and Joshua come home this week, he started to hide again. Maybe their voices remind him the terrible car ride he had. Next Tuesday he will get "fixed". Pray for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment